The 2016 band newsletter is here!! Please keep a copy of this handy as it contains all the information you need related to band camp and the start to the 2016 marching season. You will refer to it often!! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. (Exec board contact info)
BAND CAMP is in full swing! Every day this week from 1pm to 8 pm at Crosby Elementary School. Just a couple of reminders for this week.
• PARKING First and foremost there is NO parking along the building (gymnasium wall) and NO double parking along the back row of the parking lot. We realize that parking is very tight here but there can be NO exceptions. The back row and along the building MUST be kept open at all times for pedestrians to safely cross into the parking lot. This is also the ONLY access point for emergency vehicles into the rear of the building. At the end of the night when you arrive to pick your child up you may have to park out towards the street. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.
• MEETING , there is a general information meeting Monday August 22nd in the Crosby cafeteria at 6:30 PM We will talk about the upcoming year and answer questions.
• Band Fees were due on August 19th, if you have not forwarded them along with the forms (alertify) please do so asap
• Section T Shirts and Pizza Party money was also due August 19th, please forward ASAP if not already done
• UNIFORMS, Sophomores Tomorrow August 22nd 8 AM to 11 AM
• UNIFORMS, Freshmen Tuesday August 23rd 8 AM to 11 AM
• BBQ Stone Pony BBQ on September 1st! Order deadline is THIS Friday, August 26th. Great food, great price for a great cause!
The Booster Club has negotiated a special rate for any parents/guardians/relatives that wish to travel to watch the band in their first 2 competitions on Oct. 1st/2nd. Hotel is the Comfort Inn Carrier Circle in Syracuse for the night of Oct. 1st. Room rate is $89.00. For full details, please click here!
Click here to open a .pdf version for printing.
We are looking for students to help with Props for this year’s field show. It can be anyone who is in 7th-12th grade that attends any Kingston City School. Please contact Julia Hack if you or anyone you know who would be interested (younger siblings of band students????). Its a great way to get involved in the band and is a lot of fun!
Julia Hack – 845-399-3705 (call or text)
PLEASE NOTE – There will be a 3rd Full band rehearsal that is not listed on the calendar that was sent out.
August 16th – (at KHS)
6-7pm – Freshman Drill Reading
7-9pm – Full Band Rehearsal
As the school year ends and summer begins, it’s time to think about relaxing with your friends, family vacations and of course, Marching Band!! While the new school year is 2 months away, there will be lots of activity starting right away with Freshman Marching, Sectionals and Full Band Rehearsals…and that’s just July and August. Then comes band camp (dates here)! This will be an overwhelming time for new new students and parents alike. There is so much going on, it’s important to stay on top of all that is happening.
We have put together a Did You Know list to help you through this. Please also feel free to reach out to any parent at any time if you’re not sure of something. Looking forward to another successful marching season.
Remember your Freshman year?? The Freshman Parent Buddy program is finally getting off its feet.
This year we want to connect Freshmen Parents with a Buddy that will help them get through the year.
These buddies would be responsible for answering questions and general guidance for an assigned Freshman family.
If you are interested in being a buddy to one or more freshmen parents, please email Michele Milgrim at [email protected]. Thanks!
Please join us for our Booster Club Meetings, held the second Wednesday of each month in the choir room. There are many great opportunities to help out with the band. Come find out what they are and sign up to help!
Next Booster Meeting is September 14th!