Note revised directions below in blue…please disregard earlier instructions.
First off, we both are hopeful that everyone is safe and enjoying their time off. There are a couple items of information that we would like to share with you:
1. ALL NYSSMA festivals are cancelled for the remainder of this school year. No Majors or Solo/Ensemble Festivals.
2. Any student doing a NYSSMA All-State Solo- it has yet to be determined what they are doing with the All-State Level Soloists. Stay tuned and keep practicing.
3. On Wednesday, March 25, from 3:00-5:00, students will be allowed to pick up their instruments. Here is how it will work:
- Turn off of Broadway onto Andrew St.. Take next right into the campus and then your next right. You are now driving with the new field on your right and East on left. Take a left to go between Main and Salzmann. We will be waiting for you right there. You will then continue by taking a left at the end of the West Building.
- No students are allowed in the building at all… so if your instrument is in the Band hallway lockers, email us and we will get it out for you ahead of time. If it is in the choir hall lockers, email us your locker # and combo and we will get it out as well.
If you have any questions please feel free to email Mr. Giebelhaus Or [email protected] or
Fundraiser supports the General Fund, which pays for:
Instruments, Props, Color Guard Uniforms, Flags, Musical Arrangements, Coach Buses, Scholarships that lower individual costs, Emergency Expenditures, and Leadership Training
Ordering period is THREE WEEKS ONLY: Jan.30-Feb. 21. We must sell 108 flats as a band to have a complete order for delivery.
Delivery will be scheduled for a week and a half after the order is placed.
START DATE: THURSDAY, JANUARY 30
ORDERS DUE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21
DELIVERY (TENTATIVE): WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11
FULL FLAT (8 quarts): $25.80
HALF FLAT (4 quarts): $15.25
CHECKS PAYABLE TO: KHS TIGER BAND BOOSTERS
Questions? Contact Herb Lamb ([email protected])
- Concert begins at 7:00 p.m.
- The Main Building Broadway Doors will be open and the New Entrance in the back also will be open.
- People who need to be dropped off (who can handle the front steps) can be dropped off between the pool and main building.
- People who need to use the elevator must drop off/park in the back by the new entrance.
- Extra security will be outside by the Main building to assist with directions and parking.
From Mr. Garner:
Due to numerous conflicts and availability of a venue, we are postponing the Pops Concert at KHS until the Auditorium is reopened. We would like to thank all who contributed to a fantastic marching season. The students, staff and booster club displayed a fine example of teamwork. Thanks again, and as soon as the auditorium reopening date is available we will reschedule the Pops Concert.
Monday, 10/21- Rehearsal @ Dietz- 3:00-6:00
2:30pm-Students arrive @ Dietz
Tuesday, 10/22- Rehearsal @ Dietz- 6:00-9:00
5:30pm- Students arrive @ Dietz
Wednesday, 10/23- Rehearsal @ Dietz Stadium- 6:00-9:00
5:30pm-Students arrive @ Dietz
Thursday, 10/24- Rehearsal @ Dietz 6:00-9:00
5:30pm-Students arrive @ Dietz-
Friday, 10/25- No Rehearsal
Saturday, 10/26- Rehearsal @ Dietz
8:30am- Students Arrive at Dietz
9:00am-1:30pm- Rehearsal at Dietz
1:30pm- Load Truck
2:30- Leave Dietz- for Syracuse
4:30- Stop at Thruway rest stop for dinner
6:00-Hotel- check in
7:30-Meeting at Hotel
Sunday, 10/27- CHAMPIONSHIPS @ SYRACUSE UNIV.
6:00- Be in lobby of Hotel
6:15- Breakfast at rehearsal
6:30- Rehearsal at Parking Lot or sky top
8:15- Leave Hotel for Skytop
8:45- Report to Skytop-
9:00-Leave Sky Top for Carrier Dome
12:30- Go to buses
12:45-Depart for home
Lunch on Thruway
5:00- Return to KHS
5:30- Students go home